Thursday 2 October 2014

Back to Black

I’ve always loved dying my hair, never one for drastic hair cuts, it’s my way of changing things up for a while. I quickly get bored though and move onto something different, so no colour has ever lasted more than a box or two.
Suprisingly, I’ve had my hair red for almost a whole year now! But after a bleaching incident that shall never be repeated, I fancied something a little less high maintenance. I searched Pinterest for inspiration and found myself leaning towards shimmering blacks with a hint of blue. I’ve done something similar in the past so knew it would work and got onto the internet to see which brand of dye had the best option. I quickly narrowed it down to the Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Marines, no other brand had such a strong blue tone.

Sadly, it proved almost impossible to find. None of the drug stores in the Netherlands had it and so I had to order from Superdrug and have my mum send it on to me. 
It all went swimmingly and I was really pleased with the results, until Arjan spotted the red patches at the back... 
So a correctional hair-dressers appointment later and I'm all fixed up. The colour I've ended up with is a lot less blue than the Nutrisse, but now that it's even all over, when I need to do my roots I will get another box of that to freshen it up. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. Changing hair colour is a great way to add difference. This colour is wonderfully shinny too which will make your hair look lovely and healthy Lucy x

    ReplyDelete